Amity B.com. 2 Sem Computer Application in Business
Q1. What do you understand by generations of computers? To which generation the personal computers fall? Describe the characteristics and capability of personal computers.
Q2. Explain the concept behind Batch processing and transaction processing system.
Q3. What do you understand by interactive input devices? Discuss a situation where they are used appropriately.
Q4. What are the major categories of application software? Discuss each category in details.
Q5. Write short notes on any three of the following.
b. Transaction Processing systems & Management Processing Systems
d. Operating System
Q6. What is computer network? What do you understand by network topology? Describe three network topologies with appropriate examples.
Q7. What are the various security threats that computer organizations are facing today and why providing security is necessary? What is the advantage of using fire wall?
Q8. What do understand by electronic data interchange along with its advantage and disadvantage? Also discuss the components of EDI system.
Please read the case study given below and answer questions given at the end.
Banking industry now a day’s depends heavily on automation of its operations that not only automates its functioning but at the same time provides enough intelligent information for quick and effective decision making. The total branch automation system covers all retail banking functions performed in a branch both in front office and also in back office. Its powerful management information system enables senior management to take timely strategic decisions in most dynamic market environment.
XYZ is a nationalized bank with more than 1000 branches with focus on information technology Tyra Information System has obtained the Total Branch Automation tender competing with number of companies at the RFI stage and also against established players at RFP stage. The system has been implemented at 300 branches. It runs on UNIX WARE business edition operating system and standard Oracle RDBMS It supports following modules and functions.
• Demand Liabilities( Savings, Current, Flexi Deposits)
• Time Liabilities( Term Deposit, Daily Deposits)
• Fund based advances( Cash Credits, Overdrafts, Loans, Bill Discounting)
• Non Fund Based Advances( Bank Guarantee, Letter of Credit)
• Customer Services(Issue of Cheque Books, Cheque stock maintenance, Stop Payments, Standing Instructions, Lockers, Tax Collection, Pension)
• Remittances( Demand Drafts, Pay Orders, Mail Transfers, Telegraphic Transfers)
• Online Transactions Processing( Cash ,Transfer, Clearing)
• Signature & Photograph maintenance & retrieval
• Nonperforming Assets
• Share Accounting
• Branch General Ledger Accounting
• ATM interface
• Tele banking/IVRS Interface
• Mobile Banking Interface
• Remote Banking/Information Kiosk Interface
• Any Branch Banking
Q1. Highlight the advantages and limitations of computer applications in Indian Banking Industry
1. Computers are also known by the name:
2. Cache Memory is:
3. What provides an interface between Hardware and user
4. RAM is known by:
5. 1 Byte equals to:
6. Computers carrying operation on data which can vary continuously and are measurable such as time, lengths, weights etc
7. A group of conducting wires or lines over which electrical signals corresponding to data and instructions are transmitted is
8. Which of the following is not a Programming Language
9. A database structures that treats files as tables is
10. Which of the following is a language
11. A processing system wherein data is gathered for a time and collected into a group before they are entered into the computer system
12. Which of the following is not property of DBMS
13. The facility which defines the conceptual scheme and also gives some details about how to implement this scheme in the physical devices is called
14. Users who interact with the system by writing database application like computer aided design system are called
15. Groups of specially wrapped and insulated wire lines that are able to transmit data at high rates
16. Which of the following is not a type of computer network
17. Which of the following is a DBMS
18. Web Browser is a
19. Which of the following is not a device used in LAN
20. Which of the following is not a domain name
21. To install multimedia facility into a computer, one does not essentially need
22. Malicious programs that damages your computer is called
23. What is the name of the screen symbol that shows the placement of the next character
24. Which of the following is not an impact device
25. Which of the following file formats is used for art work
26. A system which involves the digitization of telephone network so that voice, data, text, music etc. can be provided to end users from single end-user terminals
27. The two kinds of main memory are
28. Data Elements of related type are grouped into
29. A command that lets you change one or more fields in a record is
30. Which of the following is not a search engine
31. The floppy discs comes in two sizes they are
32. Which of the following topology is least affected by addition or removal of a node
33. A host on the internet finds another host by its
34. Which of the following browser is not free
35. Which of the following is not the main component of EDI system
36. Which of the following is essentially not a pre-requisite of E-commerce
37. What is the method of safeguard used for the safeguarding highly confidential information such as Corporate data or credit card information is being transmitted across the Internet
38. What is the full form of HTML
39. URL stands for
40. Multimedia S/W used for video editing is
We Also Provide SYNOPSIS AND PROJECT.
Contact www.kimsharma.co.in for best and lowest cost solution or
Call: +91 82907-72200 (Call/WhatsApp) or +91 88003-52777 (WhatsApp Only)