Amity MBA Assignment A
Q1. “Job analysis is basically a process of data collection”, Discuss. Also point out the sources of job information, and the seven basic areas in which job analysis provides information.
Q2 “Job analysis is basically a process of data collection”, Discuss. Also point out the sources of job information, and the seven basic areas in which job analysis provides information.
Q3 Do you agree that job specification is the statement of minimum acceptable human qualities necessary to perform a job properly? Yes or no, why? Also throw light on the contents of job specification for the posts of HR Manager to be recruited in an organization employing 5000 employees.
Q4. Identify the main stages in the process of selection, especially if the candidates have to be selected for the posts of Vice President (HR) and Sr. Vice President (HR).
Q5. “In the present era of information technology, the role of internet in recruitment hardly needs any elaboration.” Justify the statement.
Q6. “Interviews are the most used, misused and abused tool in the process of selection”. Discuss. Also point out the methods of interviewing.
Q7. What is meant by ‘Retention Management’? Also discuss in brief, the steps that need to be taken to retain people in the organization.
Q8. Short notes on any three of the following:
a) Job analysis in a jobless world.
b) The Decision Theory Approach.
d) Designing performance appraisal system.
e) Application Blank.
Amity MBA Assignment B
Growing Minds, Inc. is a national chain of retail outlets specializing in creative toys and innovative learning materials for children. The company caters to the upper end of the market and focuses on customer service for a competitive advantage. It provides workshops for parents and children on topic such as learning with the computer and indoor gardening and offers crafts classes ranging from papier-mâché to pottery.
Growing Minds plans to expand and to open five new retail outlets in the coming quarter. This may mean up to 200 new hires, and the executive team wants to make sure that the best propel are hired and retained. It has issued a challenge to its retail management personnel to design a staffing process that will accomplish these goals.
The children’s market in which Growing Minds operates demands service personnel who are endlessly patient; knowledgeable about children, toys, and learning; and, perhaps most important, sociable, enthusiastic, and engaging. Excellent customer service is the top priority at Growing Minds, and obtaining the desired performance from personnel has meant a major investment in training. Unfortunately, new workers often leave within a year of being hired. This means that the company barely gets an adequate return of the training it has invested in its new hires. Apparently, turnover is due (at least in part) to the demanding nature of the job. Recently, Growing Minds has been emphasizing the establishment of work teams to improve the quality of its services, identify and fix any problems in service delivery, and brainstorm new opportunities. This approach has yielded better-than-anticipated results, so the team concept will be central to the new outlets.
Q1 How can Growing Minds attract the best applicants for job at its new retail outlets? On what groups, if any, should the company’s recruiting efforts focus? How should the recruiting be done?
Q2 How should Growing Minds select the best candidates? What type of characteristics and measures should be used? Why?
Q3 How might Growing Minds address its retention problem?
Amity MBA Assignment C
- Once job analysis is conducted, the data reviewed is:
- Which is not true regarding job analysis?
- Job description does not consist of :
- Who of the following is not the source of job information in connection with job analysis?
- Which is not true?
- Which of the following is not a stage of the process of HR planning?
- Which of the following is not the quantitative method of forecasting HR demand?
- Which of the following is not involved in work-load analysis?
- Which of the following is not a quantitative method of forecasting HR demand
- Requirement is not:
- Which of the following is not a stage in the process of selection?
- Which is not a Psuedo way of selecting applicant?
- Which of the following is not a psychometric test?
- Which of the following is not a psychological test?
- Which of the following statement with regard to scientific methods of selection is not true?
- Which of the following information is not sought through the Application Blank?
- Psychological tests are not used in the field of :
- Which of the following is not an approach to staffing in International Human Resource Management?
- In the paired comparison technique of performance appraisal, which of the following formulae is applied?
- Which of the following is not one of the modern methods of performance appraisal?
- Which of the following statements regarding MBO is not true?
- Which of the following methods that have not contributed to the weakening the meaning of job as a well defined and clearly delineated set of responsibilities?
- Decision theory is typically pursued by researchers who identify themselves as:
- Which of the following is not a type of Internet Job Board?
- Which of the following is not an intangible requirement of a job?
- Which of the following is not one of the five stages of competency-based interviews?
- What percentage of Competency-based questions usually constitute an interview (supplemented by other types of questions
- Which of the following statement is not correct?
- Which, according to Simon, is not one of the phases in decision making?
- In which area FIRO-B does not measure your inter personal needs?
- Which of the following is not an alternative to recruitment?
- Which of the following is not a Big Five that describe behavioural traits that may explain 75 per cent of an individual’s personality?
- Which of the following is not a type of validity (in the context of Selection Criteria)?
- Which of the following is not a type of interview?
- Which of the following is not a Cognitive Ability Test?
- Which of the following qualities of an individual’s personality is not measured by the Myers-Briggs Type indicator?
- Some studies have not found strong support for:
- Briggs and Myers recognized that each of the cognitive functions cannot operate in the external world of :
- TAT is not intended to evaluate a person’s:
- In the case of TAT, the subject is asked to tell the examiner a story about each card that does not include:
Contact: www.kimsharma.co.in for best and lowest cost solution or
Call: +91 82907-72200 (Call/WhatsApp) or +91 88003-52777 (WhatsApp Only)