Information Technology for Manager
Question 1: What strategic role can information technology play in business process reengineering and total quality management?
Question 2: What are various approaches of MIS development in the organization? Explain any two approaches in detail.
Question 3: What are the benefits and limitations of the relational database model for business applications today? Why is the Object-oriented database model gaining acceptance for developing applications and managing the hypermedia databases at business websites?
Question 4: What are the business benefit and management problems of client/server networks? Discuss also in Network Computing and Peer-to-peer networks?
Question 5: How can information systems support a company’s business operations, discuss making by their managers, and give them a competitive advantage? Give examples to illustrate your answer?
Question 6: What is meant by Network topology along with different network models?
Question 7: Why there is a trend toward cross-functional integrated enterprise systems in business?
Question 8: How do you think sales force automation affects salesperson productivity, marketing management, and competitive advantage?
- How Mr. Joshua is going to maintain information on Bank branches and security password information on customers.
- Which of them does not support decision making?
d) All of above
2. TPS stands for—
a) Transaction price system secret socket layer
b) Transaction processing system
c) Transfer peer system
d) Transfer protocol system
3. This type of network is contained over a large geographic area.
a) Local area network
b) Wide area network
c) Start topology
d) None of the above
4. A web browser is best described as a—
a) General purpose application program
b) Application specific program
c) System management programs
d) System development programs
5. Which one of the following functional business systems supports the finance business function?
a) Cash Management
b) Financial forecasting
c) Both a & b
d) Neither a or b
6. The utility called located in the System Tools folder, allows you to select when and how often maintenance tasks are performed.
a) Disk Cleanup
b) Scheduled Tasks
c) Disk Defragmenter
d) System Restore
7. Which type of network connects each node to the next, forming a loop.
a) Star topology
b) Bus Topology
c) Ring Topology
d) All of the above
8. Which is the most common network topology where each node is connected to a switch.
a) Star topology
b) Ring topology
c) Bus topology
d) Local area network
9. The computer monitor’s sharpness or clarity is referred to as its ___________
10. Themanages the hardware components including the CPU, memory storage, and peripheral devices.
a) Operating System
b) Device Drivers
11. ESS is helpful for–
a) Top Management
b) Middle management
c) Operational management
d) None of above
12. Which of the following is not a way DSS, GDSS, and ESS support decision making?
a) Automate certain decision procedures
b) Provide information about different aspects of the decision situation and the decision process
c) Stimulate decision making by helping managers question decision procedures or explore different solution designs
d) Generate monthly, hardcopy reports
13. Which of the following is primarily a stand-alone DSS that uses some type of model to perform “what-if” and other kinds of analyses?
c) Data mart.
d) Data warehouse.
14. The technology for finding hidden patterns and relationships in large databases and inferring rules from them to predict future behavior best describes:
a) Data warehousing.
b) Knowledge acquisition.
c) Data mining.
d) Data clustering.
15.Which of the following is NOT a type of information yielded from data mining?
16.Each of the following is a DSS component EXCEPT:
b) Software system.
c) User interface.
d) Inference engine
17.Models that ask “what-if” questions repeatedly to determine the impact of changes in one or more factors on outcomes best describes:
a) Optimization analysis.
b) Sensitivity analysis.
18.According to the textbook, National Gypsum uses its DSS application for:
a) Identifying customer buying patterns and fraud detection.
b) Price, advertising, and promotion selection.
c) Defense contract analysis.
d) Corporate planning and forecasting.
19.A system with software that can analyze and display data using digitized maps to enhance planning and decision making best describes:
a) Geographic information system.
b) Executive support system.
c) Demographic analysis system.
d) Location analysis system.
20. An interactive computer-based system to facilitate the solution to unstructured problems by a set of decision makers working together as a group best describes a(n):
a) Group decision-support system.
b) Decision-support system.
c) Executive support system.
d) Geographic information system.
21. GDSS software tools that allow individuals to simultaneously and anonymously contribute ideas on the meeting topics are called:
a) Electronic questionnaires.
b) Tools for voting or setting priorities.
c) Electronic brainstorming tools.
d) Idea organizers.
22.A GDSS can enhance group decision making by:
a) Improving preplanning.
b) Increasing participation.
c) Providing documentation of meetings.
d) Doing all of the above.
23. Each of the following is a basic GDSS element EXCEPT:
b) Software tools.
c) A data warehouse.
d) A user interface.
24. Contingencies affecting the outcome of group meetings include:
a) The design of an electronic meeting system and its technology.
b) The nature of the group.
c) The manner in which the problem is presented to the group.
d) All of the above.
25. A useful tool used during the electronic meeting activity of idea generation is:
a) Group matrix.
b) Policy formation.
c) Topic commenter.
d) Personal productivity.
26. An information system at the strategic level of an organization designed to address unstructured decision making through advanced graphics and communications best described as:
a) Decision-support system.
b) Executive support system.
c) Management information system.
d) Group decision support system.
27. SSL is a–
b) A technology
c) A kind of digital signature
d) A virus
28. Assembling a product, identifying customers and hiring employees are–
c) Business processes
d) Business functions
29.The computer can potentially be used to monitor most of our actions, thus robbing us of——-
30. A is a programmable electronic device that can input, process, output, and store data.
d) Operating System
31. The nonvolatile, permanent memory that remains in the computer even when it is turned off is called:
32. The computer and equipment that connects to it are called the:
d) Control Unit
33. Which of the following do transactional e-commerce businesses provide?
a) Sale of goods and services.
b) Sale of goods only.
c) Online sale of goods.
d) Online sale of transactions.
34. Which of the following best describes a Business-to-Business?
a) Sale of goods online to a consumer.
b) Sale of goods online to many consumers.
c) Sale of goods to a business from a Brick and Mortar business.
d) Sale of goods to a business online only.
35. What determines how a system will work to meet the business needs defined during system investigation?
a) System Implementation
b) System development
c) System Review
36. Who is involved in helping users determine what outputs tey need and constructing the plans needed to produce these outputs?
b) Application programmer
c) System Programmer
d) System Analyst
37. What consists of all activities that, if delayed would delay the entire project?
a) Deadline activities
b) Slack activities
c) RAD tasks
d) The critical path
38. The concept in which organizations adapt to new conditions or alter their practices over time is called—
a) Organizational Learning
b) Organizational change
c) Continuous improvement
39. What is the measure of the output achieved divided by input required
d) Return on Investment
40. What components of a decision support system allow decisions makers to easily access and manipulate the DSS and to use common business terms and phrases?
a) The knowledge base
b) The model base
c) The user interface or dialogue
d) The expert system
Contact www.kimsharma.co.in for best and lowest cost solution or
Call: +91 82907-72200 (Call/WhatsApp) or +91 88003-52777 (WhatsApp Only)
Note: We are not associate with any university or institute. We provide solution for reference & study purpose only.