Behavioural and Allied Sciences
1.Explain Type “A” and Type “ B” Personality traits
2.Explain the different behaviour styles for handling conflict.
3.“Stress is both a friend and foe. A mild stress may lead to increase in employee’s job performance while high level of stress has harmful consequences”. Elucidate this statement.
4.Answer any three of the following.
a)Components of Attitudes
b)Concept of Emotional Intelligence
c)Eustress and distress
5.Quote an example of school/college life where your performance suffered due to stress. Also mention any of your personal/Professional achievements that were due to your ability to handle stress in an effective manner
6.What do you understand by attitude? “Job related attitudes are significant for understanding Organizational Behaviour”. Explain
7.What are the techniques of managing emotions at work? Explain.
8.Explain the importance of self awareness in building self concept.
This stress audit case study is about Company A, a 100-year-old UK manufacturing organization. The company employs 15,000 people and operates on 50 sites. It primarily supplies the agricultural machinery markets.
The company set itself the objective of pulling itself out of a stagnant loss-making situation and to regain market dominance. It set out to accomplish this by completely redesigning its manufacturing techniques through lessons learnt from Japanese companies. The company also implemented a large-scale programme of organizational restructuring involving decentralization and the establishment of cost centers. However, the payoffs were not as great as expected, even after several years of development.
The programme of large-scale change, in the context of an already ailing business had improved performance at a slower than expected rate. Individuals were experiencing stress also. Changes were being implemented and performance was being improved slowly but at a high personal cost (in terms of health) and high organization cost (in terms of disappointing efficiency increases).
Senior managers presumed that middle managers were experiencing the worst stress, being caught between upper management and the work force. A stress audit was conducted with middle managers at each site. The hypothesis was confirmed by the stress audit. An analysis of the stress audit results indicated that stress levels were greater than expected and that many middle managers had adopted stressed styles of behaviour. The stress audit revealed that many of the middle managers perceived also that several of the changes going on around them were outside their influence or control.
Analysis of stress sources and stress coping strategies employed by the middle managers revealed that the organizational development effort itself had the effect of being a source of stress. This in turn made it difficult for people to cope with the change of working practices.
The organization decided therefore to implement additional programmes of stress counseling, and to address the issues of roll clarity and participation in change planning. The latter were seen as complimentary inputs to the development process. Efficiency gains and a reduction of stress were realized as a result.
Q1. Based on the above case study, what steps the company should take to reduce Organisational stress?
1. Which of the following best explains why an employee behaves as s/he does?
2. Environmental stressors include—
3. The behavioural outcomes of stress can include—
4. Inter personal Intelligence is the ability to—
5. Intra Personal Intelligence is a correlative activity—
6. Recognizing emotions of others—
7. Listening process is-
8. People who go through life watching it around them are—
9. Your five senses and past experiences create your —
10. Critics usually have a _____________attitude about life.
11. The physical presence but the mental absence of the listener can be defined as—
12. Levelling and assimilation takes place in__________ Listening.
13. Which is a deterrent to listening Process?
14. _____________component represents the beliefs of a person about an attitude object.
15. Self esteem has ________interrelated aspects.
16. Absenteeism is an outcome of _________symptoms.
17. Behaviour style for handling any situation should be—
18. ___________ people attempt to get what they want by making others feel sorry or guilty.
19. __________is empathetic Listening
20. Our tendency to seek out the company of others, even if we do not feel particularly close them, is known as—
21. Which of the four components of social support does NOT correspond to information-giving or anxiety reduction?
22. When compared to people who are less physically attractive, attractive people are viewed as being—
23. Characteristics of attitude is—
24. Stressors at workplace is termed as—
25. Eustress is—
26. Factors affecting Organisational Effectiveness are—
27. Consequences of stress can be—
28. The stage of stress where maximum adaption is when the individual restores the equilibrium—
29. ______________occurs when we feel insecure, inadequate, helpless or desperate.
30. There are _____________types of Personality—
31. Type ‘b” Personality is—
32. _______________method does not require the use of judges in scaling the statements.
33. ____________________refers to any incompatibility that an individual might perceive between two or more his attitudes
34. An atmosphere of objectivity and mutual trust can help reduce—
35. In alarm stage, the resistance is—
37. Stress results in—
38. What is the key word in understanding organization structure?
39. Which of the following is true of managers in relationship to conflict?
40. Organization Structures
We Also Provide SYNOPSIS AND PROJECT.
Contact www.kimsharma.co.in for best and lowest cost solution or
Call: +91 82907-72200 (Call/WhatsApp) or +91 88003-52777 (WhatsApp Only)
Note: We are not associate with any university or institute. We provide solution for reference & study purpose only.