Q1. What are the different levels of planning? Give examples
Q2. Define 10 roles that managers perform in organizations.
Q3. Describe the functions of management and the type of management activity associated with each.
Q4. Distinguish between the Line and Staff Authority.
Q5. Write short notes on any three of the following
Span of control
Q6. The Manager of a Fast – food restaurant was overheard saying “I believe that money is the best of all possible motivators” Discuss putting forward your view point.
Q7. Explain the relationship between organization structure and communication flow within the organization.
Q8. What a kind of decision is a Manager generally required taking in organization context? Explain with examples which of these correspond to ‘programmed’ and ‘non- programmed’
A case of busy manager
You are the founding entrepreneurs of Highland Tall Company, a fast growing digital software company that specializes in home- consumer electronics. Business has been booming. In just 2 years you have hired 50 new software programmers to help develop a new range of software products. These people are young and experienced but are highly skilled and used to putting in long hours to make there idea succeed. The growth of your company has been swift that you still operate informally. As top managers, you have been absorbed in your own work that you have paid little attention to the issue of controlling your own company. You have allowed your programmers to find solutions to problems as they go along. They have also been allowed to form their own work groups. Unfortunately, there are signs that problems are arising.
Employees have complained that good performance is going unrewarded and unrecognized. They have also expressed concern that you are either too busy or not willing to listen to their new ideas and act on them. A bad atmosphere seems to be developing and several talented employees have already left the company.
You realize that you have done a poor job in controlling and directing your employees and that you need to develop a proper process for all functions in order to encourage the employees to stay with the company and perform well.
Q1. Analyze the case and find out the different problems prevailing in the organization.
Q2. Based on the problems you have analyzed, what are the solution to them and as a manger how would you overcome these problems?
- What is the planning horizon
- In which organizational form are there dual or multiple lines of authority?
- Frederick Taylor and Frank and Lillian Gilbreth were advocates of an approach to management involving the use of scientific method, known as
- Authority, discipline, unity of command, and unity of direction are
- Organization structure primarily refers to
- Strategic planning as a broad concept consists of-
- Some policies are imposed by external forces, such as
- While guiding organization members in appropriate directions, a manager exhibits
- Functional managers are responsible
- Policies are sometimes defined as a(n)
- Management is purposeful and what
- In general, if a policy is not thought out and established
- The problem-solving process begins with-
- The job design would be LEAST formal in a
- Which of the following is the determinant of organization structure?
- Which role of manager that needs to resolve major and minor crisis that may occur unexpectedly?
- Scalar chain refers to
- Who is the person was well known for the “Hawthorne Studies”?
- Which of the following is NOT a principle of management given by Taylor?
- Which of the following is the determinant of organization structure
- Which of the following is not an example of formal communication?
- The receiver filters messages based on all but the following
- In communications management, to assimilate through the mind or senses is the process of
- Group brainstorming encourages all of the following except
- All of the following are communication tools EXCEPT
- The communication process must have a medium to convey information between two or more parties. The three common media are ________
- Maslow and Herzberg are two examples of ___________ theories of motivation.
- Equity theory of motivation focuses on
- The decision-making model consists of four styles: directive, analytic, behavioral and_________
- ______ is a communication that flows from a higher level to one or more lower levels in the organization.
- ____ is an individual’s capacity to influence decisions.
- ________ is not one of the eight steps in the decision making process.
- Which of the following is not a basic function of the management process?
- Which type of decision making is carried out by lower level management and deals with specific day-to-day processes
- ______ is the process of getting results accomplished through others.
- What is the term used to define the number of subordinates directly controlled by a manager
- Which management theorist is responsible for the motivation-hygiene theory?
- Which management concept suggests that low-importance decisions be handled by subordinates, so that managers can focus on high-importance decisions?
- What is involved in communication process?
- All of the following are the levels of communication EXCEPT-
We Also Provide SYNOPSIS AND PROJECT.
Contact www.kimsharma.co.in for best and lowest cost solution or
Call: +91 82907-72200 (Call/WhatsApp) or +91 88003-52777 (WhatsApp Only)
4 thoughts on “B. Com. Principles & Practices of Management”
please provide the solution for the above
Yes all subjects are available, 150/- per subject.
Please send me your contact number or call me or whats app me on 09971223030
Where can I get the solutions ? and for how much ?
For solution please share your contact number or you can call/what’s app us on 8290772200, so that we can talk.