Q1. Define MIS? What are the objectives and characteristics of MIS?
Q2. Write a detailed note on the planning and development of Management Information Systems.
Q3. Explain the different components of MIS.Q4. Explain the different components of MIS.
Q5. Explain with relevant example the concept of business process. Also mention their elements.
Q6. What do you understand by Management information systems.
Q7. Explain in detail the necessity and importance of Systems Design in MIS.
Q8. Explain various Organizational limits to Relational Decision Making in MIS.
Overhauling the Information Systems Environment
Multibase Company Limited is a diversified business group with interests in fabric and yarn manufacturing, paper and pulp, and cement. Its manufacturing units are located across the country and number eight- one for fabric, two for yarn, two for paper and pulp, and three for cement. While the head of each unit has considerable operational autonomy, strategic decisions considering these units, such as capacity expansion, procurement of new technology involving substantial investment, etc., are made at the headquarters, located in Delhi. The
headquarters monitor the performance of every unit though weekly and monthly reports are which are prepared by CBIS installed at each unit.
Often considerable amount of time of the senior executives based at the headquarters is taken away in analyzing these reports and drawing inferences for planning and control. The result is that the senior executives have little time for strategic thinking which they feel is a must in the present competitive environment. The CEO of the company has thus proposed to develop suitable computer based systems which might be helpful in understanding the current status of various manufacturing units in terms of their overall performance, the type of environmental constraints that operate in the three business that exist for enhancing capacity in these business areas.
a. What systems would you propose that would serve the company’s needs?
b. Considering that the company already has CBIS installed, will you contemplate complete overhaul of the systems or add functionalities of the existing systems? Justify your line of action.
c. Justify the requirement of a Chief Information Officer (CIO) in the context of the given case.
1. _________ is an organized portfolio of formal systems for obtaining processing and delivering information in support of the business operations and management of an organization.
2. ________ are formal social units devoted to the attainment of specific goals.
3. The cost of information can be _______.
4. ________ technology include computers hardware, software, database management systems and data communication system.
5. Mass production of computers started in ________, when UNIVAC 1 was delivered.
6. ________ can occur at the individual, group, organizational or extra-organizational level.
7. ________ ensuring that performance meets established standards that worker’s activities occurs as planned and that the organization process.
8. ________ is the process of recording, classifying and summarizing the financial activities of an organization.
9. Human and computers are _______ in their ability to filter and save information.
10. EDI is an example of _________.
11. Telecommunications means multiple computer interconnected into networks is called
12. Newspaper, magazine, radio, television are example of _________.
13. _______ is a feature provided for ensuring that the transaction is completed with regards to the business rules set by the management.
14. The architecture of the MIS plan provides:
15. MRS stands for _______.
16. Management, science, also known as _________, is a field of applied mathematics.
17. 21. EIS should offer the capability to _____________into the data.
18. Michael hammer defines re-engineer as _______ and radical redesign of business process to achieve the performance such as cost, quality, service and speed.
19.The business re-engineering requires a major change in the _________.
20. The components of DSS
21. ______ managers who acts as project managers might be responsible for one or more unique protects and _______ managers supervise teams of workers who must accomplish a specific goal.
22. refers to taking actions that direct and motivate employees to accomplish personal and organizational goals.
22. _______ establishing a formal reporting structure and a system of accountability among workers.
23. Operations can encompass ________.
24. Decision making is a _______ activity.
25. A ______ is the actual system that a manager works with during the decision process.
26. ______ processing with electronic scanners involves transforming and entering the data into an electronic form.
27.________ systems help to a analyze historical and current data either on demand or periodically.
28. ____________is the management of raw materials, partially completed goods service.
29.The ______ system deals with the planning and use of resources used in the business
manufacturing capacity and _______.
30. The enterprise resource planning solution structure is built in three layers ______, ________ &
31. A decision support system has a more customized orientation than a _________.
32. _______ is a collection of capabilities that support the decision making process of a individual or a small group of a individual or a small group of people.
33. Match the following –
1. Software a. Provide the instructions, in the form of computer code for processing data electronically
2. Hardware b. Offers a vehicle for storing and supporting the processing of large quantities of no scientific information
3. Database c. Refers to the equipment used to in electronic information processing
4. Data communication d. The communication of information across short and long distances
34. Match making –
1. Financial accounting a. Deals with preparing information for users outside the organization
2. Managerial accounting b. Refers to the provision of financial information that managers within the organization need for their decision-making
35. In a global market, a variety of strategies may be adopted in an organization including –
c. International or transnational corporation
d. All of the above
a. ERP 1. Enterprise resource planning systems
b. DMS 2. Communication management system
c. CMS 3. Document management system
d. AMS 4. Attendance management system
36. Ascertaining the information is classification could be –
c. Knowledge and operational
d. All of the above
37. The ______ information as the information required by a number of personal, departments and divisions or the functions in the organization.
38. The ________ information required by the functional head in conducting the administration and management of the function.
39. ________ information required by the middle and top management.
40. ________ information shows the trend of the activity or a result against the time scale.
41. ______ development of DSS relies on the creation of a prototype and its progressive refinement.
42. Different type of informated needed for a changing environment.
We Also Provide SYNOPSIS AND PROJECT.
Contact www.kimsharma.co.in for best and lowest cost solution or
Call: +91 82907-72200 (Call/WhatsApp) or +91 88003-52777 (WhatsApp Only)