Management Functions & Behavior
Question 1. How can the field of OB contribute to the effective functioning of organizations and the well being of the individual?
Question 2. How are leadership theory and styles related to employee motivation? Explain with suitable examples.
Question 3. Discuss in detail the contribution of Taylor to the development of Management thought.
Question 4. Do you think when managers make decisions they follow the decision making steps as has been conceptualized in the rational decision making model? Which steps are likely to be overlooked or given inadequate attention? What can be the possible consequences of overlooking any of the steps?
Question 5. “Participation is an excellent method for identifying differences and resolving conflicts”. Do you agree or disagree. Discuss with suitable examples.
Question 6. Why does communication break down? How can communication be improved?
Question 7. What is departmentalization? Why is it required? Discuss any one form of departmentalization.
Question 8. What do you understand by authority and power? How are they different from each other?
Please read the case study given below and answer questions given at the end.
Mr. R.K. Mishra owns a small trading company in Varanasi by the name of RKM Enterprises. The company provided raw material to the manufacturers of silk sarees. The business enterprise is also engaged in supply of silk sarees and other silk garments produced by local weavers to the big stores in major cities. In addition they have substantial export orders.
The company is mainly a family based enterprise. Mr. R.K. Mishra is the Director and his son Ritesh is looking after finance department. The son is also assisting his father in other strategical matters. Key decisions are taken by the Director himself after occasional discussions with Ritesh. The existing employee strength is more than 200 with 15 offices spread across the country. During the last one decade of its existence, the business has grown considerably. In fact, the turnover surpassed Rupees 100 million in the year 2003-04. However, since then the business faced stiff competition from other traders. In last one year the orders that have been received have reduced substantially.
Rohit, younger son of the Director is holding a management degree from Banaras Hindu University. He has recently left a job with an MNC located in Mumbai and joined his father’s business to help in solving the problems. After joining, Rohit made several changes in the organization. A major restructuring drive was carried out. The authority to take several major decisions was transmitted to lower levels. Organization structure was also made flatter. Instructions were given to all managers to consult their subordinates before taking any decisions. He was determined to see that the company was professionally managed.
- “The management of RKM Enterprises is not professional and is family based”. Analyze and comment.
- Analyze the changes brought in by Rohit.
- Which of the following was NOT a need proposed by David McClelland’s Theory of Needs?
- Managers engage in ________ to increase their power and pursue goals that favor their individual and group interests.
- Which of the following is NOT A motivator according to Hertzberg?
- Cognitive Dissonance theory has been given by
- The purpose of feedback in communication is
- Self Esteem means
- The Hawthorne experiment was started by:
- ————–is the systematic study of the ways interaction, interdependence and influence among persons affect their behavior and thoughts
- Psychoanalytic theory has been propounded by?
- MBO was first suggested by?
- The three levels of analysis that are studied in organizational behavior are?
- Which type of leaders gives complete freedom to their employees?
- ————refers to the ability of individuals or groups to induce or influence the beliefs or actions of other individuals or groups?
- Robert Own, Charles Babbage, Henry R. Lowne , Andrew Ure and Charles Duplin contributed to the ___________school of management thought?
- Which of the following is not a leadership theory?
- Which is an advantage of decentralization?
- Which type of departmentation is useful only at the lowest level of organizations?
- Which managerial function gives attention to influencing and motivating employees to improve performance and achieve corporate objectives?
- The _______ refers to the delivery by one individual to another of the right to act, to make decisions, to requisition resources and to perform other tasks in order to fulfill job responsibilities
- In the process of communication, the translation of intended meanings into words and gestures is known as?
- The establishment of a distinct area, unit of subsystem of an organization over which a
- Which of the following processes shows how an individual seeks information about a certain issue and how he interprets that information?
- The organization chart is a way of showing?
- When a manager secures the agreement of a colleague to work on a project in return for the promise of providing the colleague with some extra remuneration, what type of power is he or she exercising?
- Which of the following is not one of the steps identified as part of the controlling process?
- Which of the following refers to changing a task to make it inherently more rewarding, motivating and satisfying?
- When people are resisting because of adjustment problem, the _________method for dealing with resistance to change is commonly used
- According to Fieldler’s contingency model, leadership situations can be analyzed in terms of three elements. What are they?
- Which of the following characteristic distinguishes authority?
- Which of these refers to the set of characteristics that underlie a relatively stable pattern of behavior in response to ideas, objects or people in the environment?
- The tendency to place the primary responsibility for one’s success or failure either within oneself or on outside forces is referred to as
- The tendency to see one’s own personal traits in other people is called
- Which of the following theories deals with employee’s perception of fairness?
- A financial budget that estimates cash flows on a daily basis or weekly basis to ensure that the company can meet its obligations is called a
- ______ is a process whereby companies find how others do something better than they do and then try to imitate or improve on it.
- Standing plans are
- Which of the following is not a perceptual distortion?
- Nonverbal communication behaviors includes
- Democratic leadership is also known as—
- A significant part of a manager’s job is an organization is to use the tools and techniques developed through OB research to increase organizational
Contact www.kimsharma.co.in for best and lowest cost solution or
Call: +91 82907-72200 (Call/WhatsApp) or +91 88003-52777 (WhatsApp Only)
Note: We are not associate with any university or institute. We provide solution for reference & study purpose only.
5 thoughts on “Management Functions & Behavior”
What time can we call you.
You may call us any time between 8 AM to 8 PM.
Can we call after 8PM?
If required you may call.
How does this works?
Like i have to call and discuss the answers or has any other options?(Because i have to work till late 7.30pm in the office) so..